Quick Review: Top-5 Dog Foods From Fromm
About the Fromm brand
Who are Fromm?
They’re the Niemans, actually! What we mean is that Wisconsin-based Fromm are first and foremost, a family brand that’s been handed down through generations since 1904. If you’re the type to be concerned about manufacturing quality, you’ll feel good knowing that the family actually operate and own their own factories near Wisconsin.
Their first product in 1930 was actually a vaccine for the viral canine distemper disease, and since then they’ve been making awesome, natural dog food for our pooches that’s varied in its focus- but always with our puppy and dog’s health in mind. We especially like that they’ve considered those puppies and dogs who are losing weight, alongside those who have special dietary needs as a result of allergies.
If the first is one of your pups or dogs, then the Fromm Family Classics range is also designed to give him variety while helping him get back in shape- so it won’t really feel like dieting! If the second one is more relevant- say you’ve got a puppy or dog with certain food intolerance- Fromm also include several great options amongst grain free puppy foods in their Four-Star Nutritionals selection.
What’s great about Fromm?
Well, let’s start with the fact that Fromm make no less than three different artisan linesof distinct and specialized dog food. The Classic line’s a good place to start, as it involves a whole heap of super chicken options for your senior dog, regular adult dog or dog with a weight loss goal.
Why the Fromm puppy food and Fromm dog food reviews?
Aside from being all-American, family-owned, and responsible yet creative with ingredient choices, we put together the Fromm puppy food and Fromm dog food reviews because we think it’s great that they’ve also:
- covered all the stages of your dog’s life, from puppy to veteran;
- specialized their recipes for big, small and medium dogs and puppies;
- drawn from a wide variety of different ingredients to prevent those sensitive or tolerant dogs from having allergic reactions; and
- steered away from non-natural preservatives in favor of the more pet-friendly mixed tocopherols
So let’s take a good look at the products that make out Fromm Dog Food Reviews and Fromm Puppy Food Reviews so worthwhile!
Fromm Dog Food Reviews October 2019
The Fromm Grain Free Dog food Reviews
- Fromm Heartland Gold Grain Free
- 14% fat that’s naturally from pork;
- Flaxseed gives a boost of antioxidants to combat cancer;
- Probiotics for smoother puppy digestion and gut health;
- Lentils and chickpeas alongside the hearty beef, lamb and egg ingredients for 26% protein!
- Great profile in terms of Omega-3 and it’s Omega-6 companion; and
- Specifically formulated so that larger breed dogs like Great Danes, Rottweilers, Labradors and Pit Bulls can grow up strong and fit!
- We could say that it’s slightly less on the economic side compared to other puppy foods for those large breeds, but it’s all for the sake of enacting top-of-the-range quality control measures…so, worth it!
- Fromm Four Star Grain Free Dry Dog Food, Game Bird Recipe
- Protein’s derived from duck, lean turkey, chicken, quail, pheasant, and pea protein to deliver an awesome 29%;
- Meets the AAFCO criteria for all those doggy life stages, meaning it’s safely able to feed both puppies and those adults with high lean protein requirements, like Pit Bulls;
- Minerals include copper, zinc and manganese as well as iron;
- Calcium’s at 1.2% for super-duper bone structure;
- Oh-so-many colorful and yummy veggies for your dog!
- Nope, we’re happy as can be with this- and we reckon your puppy or dog will be too!
The Fromm Puppy Food Reviews
- Fromm Puppy Gold Dry
- Made not only with chicken and cheese, but with lamb, too, and the headlining ingredient is…duck!
- 27% protein and an 18% fat level, helping your puppy grow up big and bouncy
- Salmon oil gives DHA to your pooch, helping him develop those famously sweet puppy dog eyes!
- 4% calcium, responsibly balanced alongside phosphorus- slightly towards the higher end of the range compared to a lot of puppy foods
- Contains good levels of zinc, manganese, magnesium and iron to counteract deficiencies from lovely vegetables- carrot, celery, alfalfa meal to name a few
- If you’re staying away from feeding grains to your puppy entirely, this contains brown rice
- Fromm Four-Star Dog Food Salmon A La Veg
- Clearly, salmon’s very much the star of this 25% protein puppy food;
- Made with safflower oil, which contributes Omega-3 as well as Omega-6. Shiny coats, here we come!
- 16% fat to give your puppy energy for growing up strong;
- There’s natural glucosamine in that chicken cartilage!
- Loads of the wholesome veggies and fruits that we’re always talking about; and
- Easier digestion through probiotics such as Lactobacillus.
- Contains grains in the form of rice and barley.
The Wet Fromm Dog Food Reviews
Fromm’s pretty much a top-of-the-line, premium contender when it comes to making a choice for your puppy or dog. That’s partly because due to their awesome stance on keeping quality right up there while ensuring your puppy has so much choice that his tail won’t stop wagging!
- Fromm Four-Star Canned Dog Food – Shredded Chicken Entree
- Salmon fish oil takes care of your puppy’s DHA requirements, giving him that extra burst for healthy doggy vision and cerebral function;
- Beans, beans and even more beans give maximum variety when it comes to the protein he’ll be taking in;
- It’s AAFCO-certified for large puppy breeds too, so your Rottweiler or Great Dane can tuck in;
- Dry-matter wise, it gives your puppy 1.5% calcium, along with potassium and zinc;
- At only 228 calories for each can, it can be flexibly mixed in or up to each puppy meal without too much concern about whether they’ll gain extra pounds.
- Even though it’s got a 7% for protein, which is a little on the low-ish side when it comes to wet varieties of puppy food specifically, it’s certainly great as a yummy food to mix in with his dry kibble puppy food!
The Hypoallergenic Fromm Dog food Review
- Fromm Four-Star Salmon Tunalini Dog Food
- By switching to salmon as the main ingredient, puppies and dogs with allergies to beef can have a little break while enjoying the DHA benefits that come naturally with this fish;
- 30% protein once again means this one’s a superb dog food if you’ve got yourself a puppy or muscly adult dog like a Rottweiler or Pit Bull;
- Chicken cartilage means glucosamine for staving off joint complications, so it’s also great for those Great Danes;
- Always and as usual, it’s practically bursting with natural vitamin goodies like sprouts, cranberries, cauliflower, blueberries, apples, peas and so many more!
- Fat’s at 19% and sourced from real chicken.
- Sorry, this one’s not entirely suitable for those of our doggy friends with sensitivities to egg or chicken.
The Breed-Specific Fromm dog food review
- Fromm Gold Adult Dog Food
- Duck has a starring role in this dog food for small, yet grown-up breeds!
- 17% fat that’s from natural chicken to ensure those littler breeds don’t run out of energy with their rapid metabolisms;
- Amino acid taurine is in here, too, and plays its part in regulating vascular, renal and blood function;
- Small kibble size for our little Yorkies!
- 26% protein, addressing both maintenance and growth through eggs, lamb, fish AND chicken;
- 1% calcium, carefully (as always with Fromm!) balanced out with its partner phosphorus;
- Once again, it’s replete with veggies; and
- Yet again, it’s stuffed full of iron and zinc!
- It’s not grain free due to its rice and barley content.
What do brands mean when they talk about life stages?
In short, higher quality brands like Fromm tend to create special formulas for puppies, fully adult dogs and seniors. Each of these formulas will have a unique profile according to the AAFCO when it comes to whether or not the dog food you’re buying meets the needs of your puppy, adult or senior best friend. If a dog food such as Fromm satisfies these criteria, it means your dog is getting the balanced and complete array of nutrients necessary for it’s particular ‘life stage’. As we’ve mentioned before, this usually means puppies will be eating greater quantities of macronutrients for ongoing growth, while lower amounts of things like protein will be present in dog food that’s designed for adults.
How do I switch my dog to something from your Fromm dog food reviews?
First up, we’re looking to minimize any risk of an upset tummy for your dog or puppy. Switching over to Fromm means taking it slowly and gradually, and can take between 1 to 2 weeks. During this time, you’ll want to introduce your puppy or dog to about a quarter of Fromm mixed around with his original food, then gradually level up the proportion to half old and half new after a couple of days or so. Should your puppy or dog be fine during all this, you’ll soon be feeding 100% of the quality dog food or puppy food we’ve included in our Fromm dog food reviews!
So, can I still give snacks to my dog or puppy?
The foods in our Fromm puppy food reviews and Fromm dog food reviews is thoughtfully crafted to address the caloric requirements of your pet’s life stage and whether or not they’re in need of losing a little weight. This generally means that you’ll be feeding him certain amounts at each mealtime according to the guidelines on the packet, or one of our reviews for specific breeds.
Outside of this, there’s no reason why your puppy or dog shouldn’t be allowed to enjoy some Healthy dog snacks here and there- think things like carrot, broccoli, pumpkin, or even CBD treats. Veggies are often a smart way to keep your puppy or dog on top of his vitamins, and using only the examples we’ve given, he’ll be getting good doses of carotenoids, phytonutrients such as glucosinolates, manganese, copper, B vitamins and also vitamins like A and C!
Last update on 2019-10-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API